What Do They Do and Why Are They Important?
Service Delivery Managers (SDMs) serve as the account executive, agency expert, and single point of escalation for agency leadership. This role develops valuable and meaningful long-term relationships with agency leaders, becoming an important asset and advocate for the agencies they represent. To accomplish this, SDM responsibilities include:
- Oversee existing relationship management (building partnerships with agencies, expanding relationships or improve relationships) with agencies, customer communications, customer satisfaction and conflict resolution
- Track and coordinate resolution of IT requests and incidents
- Prepare agency reports on service outcomes and participate in agency strategy meetings
- Discover agency needs and propose appropriate IT solutions
- Understand agencies needs and ensure appropriate and timely support is available
SDMs enable ITS to be a more proactive, responsive, and strategic IT service provider.