During the planning, budgeting, and procurement of IT-related items, agencies are required to have ITS review and approve under the following:
Prior to an agency submitting budget requests for new and replacement IT-related items.
Agencies need to describe their funding plan and to describe their intentions for the investment.
For review: Current Budget Development Manual from DFM.
Expenditure on IT equipment in certain categories and/or over $5,000.
Approval is required for specific conditions whether or not purchase is made from a state contract.
- Any technology that will be placed at or connect directly to the Chinden Campus
- All IT security products and/or services
- Wi-Fi components
- Network equipment exceeding $5,000
- Software purchases and renewals exceeding $5,000 (including geospatial)
- VoIP and/or traditional phone system exceeding $5,000 (such as phones, voice gateways, voicemail, contact center, call managers, PBX, and related items)
Agencies need to provide a description of the exact product, its intended purpose, and pricing provided by the vendor.
For review: Current Budget Development Manual from DFM. Refer to Appendix 8 for ITS review and approval of IT requests.
Prior to initiating activities with the Division of Purchasing for IT-related investments.
This includes activities such as:
- Request for Quotes (RFQ)
- Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Invitation to Negotiate (ITN)
For review: IDAPA 38.05.01.033.
To initiate the review and approval process, complete the following form:
You will receive a confirmation message once complete. For additional information, contact the Enterprise Architecture Team: