IT Budget Request Approval
To request budget approvals, please use the Request for IT Budget Approval from ITS online form. If you need access to or have questions regarding the online form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective with the FY 2021 budget, all agencies must obtain approval from ITS prior to submitting requests for new or replacement IT-related items in the agency’s FY 2021 budget submission (see page 23 of the Budget Development Manual). To make this new process quick and efficient, authorized agency personnel will use a new SharePoint site to submit requests, view agency-directed correspondence from ITS/DFM/LSO, as well as track the status of the requests. The new online submittal form intentionally focuses on key information regarding each request with further supporting detail provided by the agency in the corresponding B7 or B8.2 attachment. Email notifications are sent to the agency requestor upon submittal as well as status changes.
Note: Only authorized agency personnel can view submissions for their agency.For questions related to the FY 2021 Budget Development Manual, please contact your DFM or LSO analyst.
IT Expenditures Requiring Approval
- Any technology that will be placed at or connect directly to the Chinden Campus
- Any IT security product or service
- Any software purchase exceeding $5,000 (including renewals or geospatial)
- VoIP and traditional phone systems purchases (including phones, voice gateways, voice mail, contact center, call managers, PBX, and so forth) exceeding $5,000
- Network equipment purchases exceeding $5,000
- WiFi components
NOTE: Requests not acted upon within ten (10) business days will be automatically approved by default.For urgent approvals, contact one of the following ITS team members:
IT Procurement Approval
- Request for Quotes (RFQ)
- Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Invitation to Negotiate (ITN)
Note: This process was formerly accomplished after the agency engaged the Division of Purchasing, and the agency’s IT-related procurement data was in the eProcurement program.